Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rumours - The Gulch

January 25, 2014 

This week was Nashville's Restaurant Week!  It is an amazing week in Nashville, where select restaurants in Nashville will offer some kind of menu special for a discounted price. Often it is a 3 course meal for either $20.14, or $30.14...see what they did there.... ;)

Anywho, my friend Christina (who will guest blog shortly about another restaurant week experience she had a Tin Angel, asked if I wanted to try Rumours Wine Bar in the Gulch.  I had heard great things about it so of course I said yes!

The picture below is of Rumours weekly specials (all the time, not just during Restaurant week).  The Monday night burger special may be calling my name soon...



All the time weekly specials

Here was the restaurant week menu! I STEAL for 3 courses!  I asked our hilarious and awesome server Courtney what she recommended and she pointed out everything on the menu (minus the cheese plate, but I mean, who would order the cheese plate...).  I want to specifically comment on how Courtney added to our Rumours experience! She was hilarious and cool, and I would go back just so she could serve me again!

Restaurant Week Menu

I chose the meatball starter, the crab cakes and the pots de creme.  Christina and Steph both chose the fried Brussels sprouts and the shrimp and Gouda grits! If I had it to do all over again, I would go for the Brussels and shrimp and Gouda grits.  Mine was delicious don't get me wrong, but I was still a little hungry at the end of it, and the fried Brussels were so unique and flavorful! I tried 3 of Christina's and probably could have eaten 100.

Meatball Small Plate

Fried Brussel Sprouts

The crab cakes were good, but came out just a little cold.  And like I said, I was still hungry when I got home.
Crab Cakes

Crab Cakes with Shrimp and Grits in the background
The pots de creme was AMAZING.  It was the perfect, cold, creamy, and chocolaty.  Not too sweet!  We all completely demolished this desert.  In fact, I may go back just for the pots de creme!
Pots de creme
Overall I would give this place an A-! It was good, the service and atmosphere was amazing! That is something I didn't mention, it is a small intimate place, and you kind of feel like you are dining in New York City when you are inside.  The restaurant also has an adjoining patio with adorable strung lights that would just be fabulous to sit under in the summertime.  I would however, have enjoyed just ever so slightly bigger portions!  Definitely give Rumours a try if you are in the Gulch!

Happy Noming Nashville,

Sarah

http://www.rumourswinebar.com


Rumours Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment